Acoustic guiatrist Leo Kottke Sept. 27-28 in Woodstock
Acoustic guiatrist Leo Kottke will perform at 8 p.m. Sept. 27-28 at the Woodstock Opera House, 121 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock.
Kottke is known for a fingerpicking style that draws on influences from blues, jazz and folk music , and for syncopated, polyphonic melodies.
Focusing primarily on instrumental composition and playing, Kottke also sings sporadically, in an unconventional yet expressive baritone famously self-described as sounding like "geese farts on a muggy day.” In concert, Kottke intersperses humorous and often bizarre monologues with vocal and instrumental selections from throughout his career, played solo on his signature 6- and 12-string guitars.
Tickets, at $29, are available at 815-338-5300 or www.woodstockoperahouse.com.
More Events News
- Go back in time with Victorian Holiday Tea Dec. 15 at Colonel Palmer House in Crystal Lake
- McHenry Parks and Rec to host trip to Bulls game March 15
- Tickets available for 'The Nutcracker' Dec. 14-22 at Woodstock Opera House
- 'Sing-Along Messiah' to ring through Raue Center Dec. 15 in Crystal Lake
- Model train display continues through Dec. 29 at Sun City Huntley