Janet Jackson says she married Al Mana last year
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Janet Jackson knows how to keep a secret: The singer has been married since last year.
A representative for Jackson confirmed Monday that the musician and Wissam Al Mana wed last year.
This is Jackson's second secret marriage. She secretly married Rene Elizondo Jr. in 1991. They separated in 1999.
The 46-year-old Jackson first tied the knot when she was 18 to singer James DeBarge, which lasted three months in 1984.
In a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight, Jackson and Al Mana said their wedding was a "quiet, private and beautiful ceremony."
The couple also said they would like privacy and "are allowed this time for celebration and joy."
More Buzz News
- 'Idol' winner rolling out debut album in July
- Singer Kellie Pickler named new 'Dancing' champ
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One entertainment console
- Chris Harrison to host Miss America Pageant
- Eminem's publisher sues Facebook over song usage