First lady to launch 'Let's Move' tour in 3 states
By The Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — First lady Michelle Obama is launching a three-state tour to promote her anti-childhood obesity program, "Let's Move."
Mrs. Obama will make stops next week in Mississippi, Illinois and Missouri. The tour is tied to the third anniversary of the "Let's Move" program.
The White House says the first lady will highlight the program's impact on making school lunches healthier and getting companies like Wal-Mart to make healthier food more affordable. She is also expected to announce new steps for bringing physical activity back to schools.
Ahead of her tour, Mrs. Obama will promote her initiatives in a series of interviews, including a segment on NBC's "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" and ABC's "Good Morning America."
More Buzz News
- 'Trek' does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes
- Edward Furlong arrested in West Hollywood
- Denmark's de Forest wins Eurovision song contest
- Google boosts photo offerings to rival Facebook
- CW to air iHeartRadio Music Festival next season