Chef Debi: Salmon is powerful addition to meal plan
I make salmon a lot for my clients because its health benefits are far too many to ignore. It is power-packed with disease-fighting acids, minerals and vitamins.
So whether you bake it, broil it, grill it or eat it raw, salmon is a powerful addition to your healthy lifestyle. This recipe is healthy and quick for a weeknight dinner.
Healthy Parmesan Crusted Salmon
4 salmon fillets – I prefer Alaskan salmon that is wild-caught
2 tablespoons light butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
Pat salmon dry with a paper towel. Place skin-side down in pan and brush with 1 tablespoon of butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, green onions, lemon peel and thyme in a small bowl. Stir in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Press bread crumb mixture evenly on salmon fillets. Bake uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Turn oven and broil until the crust is browned.
• Chef Debi Stuckwisch is the owner of Meals Like Mom’s Personal Chef service in McHenry County. She can be reached at 847-778-9351 or email@example.com, or visit www.mealslikemom.com.
More Food & Drink News
- Ice wines can be a cool pick for holiday menus
- Day 5: Cranberry Coconut Bites
- Day 3: Oatmeal Blues Drop Cookies
- Day 10: Sweet-And-Salty Kitchen Sink Cookies
- 12 Days of Christmas Cookies - Day 12: Tropical Almond Macaroons