Ty Pennington to host new HLN series
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Ty Pennington is doing some traveling again, this time for the HLN television network.
HLN said Wednesday that Pennington, who stars in "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," will host a monthly series called "American Journey." It will focus on people with unusual lifestyles, and debuts Saturday, Jan. 12. Each episode will air multiple times over the weekend on the network formerly known as CNN Headline News, with a new edition starting each month.
Early episodes will focus on lobstermen and Delta blues musicians.
Pennington said he wants to follow the growing subculture of entrepreneurs and creative thinkers trying to rebuild the country.
More Television News
- CW to air iHeartRadio Music Festival next season
- 'Idol' to crown Harrison or Glover latest champion
- CBS adding Robin Williams comedy
- ABC adds 14 new series for next season (schedule)
- 4th season of 'Downton Abbey' will air in January