Thai inmates go 'Gangnam Style' before Psy concert
By The Associated Press
BANGKOK – A day before South Korean rap sensation Psy brings his "Gangnam Style" to Thailand, nearly 100 inmates have danced to the hit behind barbed wire and bars in a Bangkok prison.
Seventy out of 4,500 prisoners at Bangkok Remand Prison put on a show Tuesday for the media and corrections department executives after competing in a "Gangnam Style" dance contest last week.
Officials said the program was to relieve inmates' stress and help them keep fit.
Psy's "Gangnam Style" this month became the most watched video ever on YouTube. It has spawned hundreds of parodies and tribute videos, including a popular one earlier this year by members of the Thai navy.
Psy will perform in Thailand on Wednesday night — his first show in Asia outside of South Korea.
More Music News
- On the farm: Here are 10 must-see acts at Bonnaroo
- MTV networks going back to roots for July Fourth
- Kanye West says new album is 'all about giving'
- Guitarist Haque to jam with Monaco at CL show
- Underwood to lend voice to tornado relief on CMTs