Recipe of the Week: Corndog Casserole
Submitted by Katt Dull of Woodstock
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
2 large eggs
1 can cream corn
3 green onions, sliced
6 sliced hot dogs
1 1/4-1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar and/or pepper jack cheese
Mustard, to serve (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-11-inch baking dish.
Mix flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt with a whisk. Add yogurt, milk, oil, eggs, green onion, hot dogs and 3/4 cup cheese. Pour into prepared dish and bake 35 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake another 10 minutes or until cooked through.
More Food & Drink News
- Learn to love dried beans with gratin
- Belgian endive reaches the U.S.
- When the snow flies, salads get substantial
- Dressing up spring asparagus with an easy brown butter sauce
- Evenly roasted Brussels sprouts is all about space