Recipe of the Week: Cream Cheese Coffeecake
Submitted by Theresa Kolanowski of Woodstock
Cream Cheese Coffeecake
For the coffeecake:
1cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
For the topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick margarine
For the icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
For the coffeecake: Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and beat well. Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, and add it to the butter mixture. Mix well and set aside. In a small bowl, add the filling ingredients and mix until well combined.
Spread more than half of the coffeecake mixture in a greased 9-by-13 pan. Top with filling. Crumble the remaining batter on the filling. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside. Blend the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. When coffecake is cool, drizzle with icing.
More Food & Drink News
- Sunday Supper: Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Homemade syrups elevate the breakfast routine
- Recipe of the Week: Sausage Lovers’ Breakfast Casserole
- Chef Debi: Island flavors infuse mahimahi
- Make Mardi Gras taste a little more like home with regional jambalaya variations