Chef Debi: Citrus Glazed Salmon
With 2014 just getting started, everyone is looking to eat healthier. I can help with this healthy, easy to prepare – yet delicious – Citrus Glazed Salmon. You can serve it with roasted vegetables, as I did, or over brown rice.
Citrus Glazed Salmon
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
1 ruby red grapefruit
For the glaze:
3/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup vegetable stock
1/4 cup dark rum
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Put fillets in a shallow baking dish.
Brush both sides of the fillets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cut an orange, a lime and a grapefruit into quarters and squeeze the juice over the salmon. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
For the glaze: Bring all of the ingredients to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat, stirring to melt the preserves and to keep the mixture from burning.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and let the glaze reduce until syrupy, about 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust the seasonings with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
Slice the remaining orange and lime to garnish the top of the salmon.
• Chef Debi Stuckwisch is the owner of Meals Like Mom’s Personal Chef service in McHenry County. She can be reached at 847-778-9351 or email@example.com, or visit www.mealslikemom.com.
More Lifestyle News
- Homemade syrups elevate the breakfast routine
- Recipe of the Week: Sausage Lovers’ Breakfast Casserole
- Chef Debi: Island flavors infuse mahimahi
- Make Mardi Gras taste a little more like home with regional jambalaya variations
- Healthy duck? For Mardi Gras, we make it possible