Acoustic guiatrist Leo Kottke Sept. 27-28 in Woodstock
Acoustic guiatrist Leo Kottke will perform at 8 p.m. Sept. 27-28 at the Woodstock Opera House, 121 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock.
Kottke is known for a fingerpicking style that draws on influences from blues, jazz and folk music , and for syncopated, polyphonic melodies.
Focusing primarily on instrumental composition and playing, Kottke also sings sporadically, in an unconventional yet expressive baritone famously self-described as sounding like "geese farts on a muggy day.” In concert, Kottke intersperses humorous and often bizarre monologues with vocal and instrumental selections from throughout his career, played solo on his signature 6- and 12-string guitars.
Tickets, at $29, are available at 815-338-5300 or www.woodstockoperahouse.com.
More Events News
- Planit 10: Things to do March 6 to March 13
- Artists of all mediums find unlikey home at Starline Factory in Harvard
- Patriots to celebrate Liberty Day 2014 at Starline Factory
- Concert aims to recreate the magic of Beatles era
- Artful Women group brings Pulitzer Prize winner to Raue