Recipe of the Week: Kale And White Bean Soup
Submitted by Barbara LaFever of McHenry.
Kale and White Bean Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced
3/4 cup onions, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
2 large carrots, sliced
2 medium potatoes, cubed
6 cups water
Salt, to taste
1 bunch kale (about 8 cups)
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
Saute the garlic, onions and celery in olive oil in a large pot until translucent. Add the carrots and potatoes. Cover with water and add salt to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
Add kale and simmer for another five minutes. Add the white beans. Heat through and serve.
More Lifestyle News
- Friends of Chilama effort to aid town in El Salvador
- 'Pigeons saved my life': 96-year-old featured in pigeoneer documentary
- Recipe of the Week: 24 Karat Chicken
- Chef Debi: Roast leg of lamb completes Easter
- Versatile, fresh mini cakes fit for dessert