NBC, ID partners on Pistorius documentary
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — The desire to produce a quick documentary on Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius (pihs-TOHR'-ee-uhs) and the shooting death of his live-in girlfriend has led to a new partnership between two television networks.
The Investigation Discovery Network on Sunday will premiere a special, "Beauty & The Blade Runner," about the South African athlete and his role in the shooting death of model Reeva Steenkamp. ID is making the special with the help of NBC News and that company's Peacock Productions.
ID even coined a new phrase to describe the quick specials, calling them instamentaries.
People close to both Pistorius and Steenkamp talk on the special, which examines evidence in the case.
More Television News
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show
- FXX plans marathon telecast of 'The Simpsons'
- Colbert caught in Twitter rage
- Woodstock native a soap opera regular
- New A&E network to feature all-male bridal shop in East Dundee