Recipe of the Week: Antipasto Loaf
Recipe submitted by Megan Doherty of McHenry
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes (25 minutes active)
1 French bread baguette (12 oz.)
8 ounces cream cheese spread
3 tablespoons pesto
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
Cut the baguette lengthwise in half. Remove soft insides from both halves. Save removed bread for another use.
Mix cream cheese spread and pesto. Spread evenly onto inside of bread shells.
Fill the loaves evenly with tomatoes, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and spinach.
Reassemble the baguette and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Cut into 25 slices and serve.
For a different flavor combination, add chopped green or kalamata olives. Or, use arugula leaves instead of spinach
Submitted by Megan Doherty of McHenry
More Food & Drink News
- Homemade syrups elevate the breakfast routine
- Recipe of the Week: Sausage Lovers’ Breakfast Casserole
- Chef Debi: Island flavors infuse mahimahi
- Make Mardi Gras taste a little more like home with regional jambalaya variations
- Healthy duck? For Mardi Gras, we make it possible