Recipe of the Week: Antipasto Loaf
Recipe submitted by Megan Doherty of McHenry
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes (25 minutes active)
1 French bread baguette (12 oz.)
8 ounces cream cheese spread
3 tablespoons pesto
1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
Cut the baguette lengthwise in half. Remove soft insides from both halves. Save removed bread for another use.
Mix cream cheese spread and pesto. Spread evenly onto inside of bread shells.
Fill the loaves evenly with tomatoes, artichokes, Parmesan cheese and spinach.
Reassemble the baguette and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Cut into 25 slices and serve.
For a different flavor combination, add chopped green or kalamata olives. Or, use arugula leaves instead of spinach
Submitted by Megan Doherty of McHenry
More Lifestyle News
- Recipe of the Week: 24 Karat Chicken
- Chef Debi: Roast leg of lamb completes Easter
- Versatile, fresh mini cakes fit for dessert
- Transforming bread dough into lemony sticky buns
- Policy problems: Some plans refuse to cover medical costs related to suicide
- 'All about the drive': Irish dancers learn from international champ
- Crystal Lake counselor creates life coaching toolkit
- We stuff Turkey Day birds, so why not Easter hams?
- Giving Easter side dishes the respect they deserve
- Baby bummers: Health law provides no guarantee of birthing center or midwife access