Cirque gives clues to Vegas Michael Jackson show
LAS VEGAS (AP) – Las Vegas is combining its love of mega pop-stars and over-the-top theatrics for a new Michael Jackson Cirque du Soleil show opening this summer.
Cirque du Soleil CEO Daniel Lamarre announced Thursday that the company's newest show will be called "Michael Jackson ONE." The show at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino on the Strip will start preview performances on May 23. It will officially premiere on June 29.
The show is the second collaboration between the acrobatic company and the estate of Michael Jackson. The first production was the traveling show, "Michael Jackson: Immortal World Tour."
The title is intended to evoke a central paradox of the king of pop's multifaceted persona and changing musical styles.
More Theater News
- McHenry County theater productions
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 20-26
- Stage of their lives; Students put heart, soul and song into musicals
- Winging it: Theater Undreground aims to expand improv shows in area
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 13-19