'For Better or Worse' moves from TBS to OWN
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Oprah Winfrey's cable channel says it will be the new home of the sitcom "For Better or Worse."
Tyler Perry's comedy series will move from TBS to OWN for its third season, starting this fall. OWN announced Wednesday that it's also getting rerun rights for the show's first two years.
"For Better or Worse" is about three couples dealing with the challenges of dating and married life. OWN says the original cast, including Tasha Smith and Michael Jai White, will remain with the show. Production on season three begins in April.
The comedy will be OWN's third scripted series from Perry, who has a deal with OWN to produce TV shows and other projects. The first two original series, a sitcom and a drama, are scheduled to debut in May.
More Television News
- SAG Awards win sends 'Birdman' Oscar hopes soaring
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor,' 'learns a lot' about reality TV
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor'
- Another rose for Algonquin native Trina Scherenberg on 'The Bachelor'
- 'Boyhood' tops Globes; 'Grand Budapest' upsets 'Birdman' (With list of the winners)