Recipe of the Week: Yellow & Green Pasta
Recipe submitted by Courtney Glantz of North Barrington
Yellow & Green Pasta
3/4 a box of whole wheat fettucini
Salt and pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, washed, trimmed and cut into thin half moon slices
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup heavy cream
2 big handfuls of arugula
1/2 cup pecorino cheese (or Parmesan), plus more for topping
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Warm olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and sauté about 5 minutes until tender. Add the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and sauté 2 more minutes. Add in peas, corn and wine and cook a few minutes to heat through. Stir in the cream and bring to a boil.
Add in the freshly cooked pasta, another dash of salt and pepper, pecorino cheese and arugula and toss with tongs to combine.
Dish out pasta into deep bowls and top with more cheese.
More Lifestyle News
- Recipe of the Week: 24 Karat Chicken
- Chef Debi: Roast leg of lamb completes Easter
- Versatile, fresh mini cakes fit for dessert
- Transforming bread dough into lemony sticky buns
- Policy problems: Some plans refuse to cover medical costs related to suicide
- 'All about the drive': Irish dancers learn from international champ
- Crystal Lake counselor creates life coaching toolkit
- We stuff Turkey Day birds, so why not Easter hams?
- Giving Easter side dishes the respect they deserve
- Baby bummers: Health law provides no guarantee of birthing center or midwife access