Pearl Jam announces July concert at Wrigley Field
By The Associated Press
CHICAGO (AP) — Pearl Jam will play a summer concert this year at Chicago's Wrigley Field.
The Eddie Vedder-fronted band announced the concert Wednesday for July 19 at the city's historic baseball park. The band also plans a July 16 concert in Canada at Budweiser Gardens in London, Ontario. The band's website says the concerts are called "An Evening with Pearl Jam." There will be no opening acts.
Pearl Jam isn't the only musical act playing Wrigley Field this summer. Country music star Jason Aldean plans a concert the next day, July 20. Last summer Bruce Springsteen played at Wrigley Field and Vedder joined him on stage.
Pearl Jam is playing in Europe and South America this February and March. Their website said fall tour dates would be announced.
More Music News
- Planit 10: 10 things to do July 24 through July 31
- Second venue adds grandeur to Woodstock Mozart Festival
- Woodstock Folk Festival schedule of events
- Changing dreams to chase for Chasin’ Mason
- Truth in song: Magic of words and music inspires Woodstock Folk Festival honoree