Nielsen: 20.6 million watched inauguration
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Nielsen says an estimated 20.6 million people watched President Barack Obama's second inauguration on TV, sharply down from his first inaugural.
The company that measures television audience said that 37.8 million people saw Obama's first inauguration in 2009.
Nielsen said on Wednesday that a total of 18 networks aired some part of this year's inaugural ceremony on Monday.
More Television News
- SAG Awards win sends 'Birdman' Oscar hopes soaring
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor,' 'learns a lot' about reality TV
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor'
- Another rose for Algonquin native Trina Scherenberg on 'The Bachelor'
- 'Boyhood' tops Globes; 'Grand Budapest' upsets 'Birdman' (With list of the winners)