Mayer, Aguilera among Rock Hall of Fame performers
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) — John Mayer, Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Hudson are among the stars set to perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.
Mayer will perform in honor of Albert King with Gary Clark Jr., then induct the late bluesman. Aguilera and Hudson will salute Donna Summer. Foo Fighters Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins will induct Rush and hall of fame member Don Henley will induct Randy Newman at the April 18 ceremony in Los Angeles.
Public Enemy and Heart will also enter the hall of fame, along with lifetime achievement award winners Quincy Jones and Lou Adler. More performers and presenters will be announced later.
Tickets for the ceremony go on sale to the public Feb. 1. It will be broadcast May 18 on HBO.
More Music News
- Band brings rhythm to hearts without natural beat
- Concert aims to recreate the magic of Beatles era
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 20-26
- Pine sings praises of classical music’s range
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 13-19