Armstrong better, Green Day to resume tour in 2013
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Green Day is going back out on the road.
The Grammy-winning punk band announced new tour dates Monday.
The band canceled the rest of its 2012 club schedule and postponed the start of a 2013 arena tour after singer-guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong's substance abuse problems emerged publicly in September when he had a profane meltdown on the stage of the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.
Armstrong told fans in a statement Monday that he's "getting better every day" and "the show must go on."
The tour is scheduled to begin March 28 at the Allstate Arena in Chicago.
The band released its most recent album, "Tre," on Dec. 11, more than a month ahead of schedule.
More Music News
- Band brings rhythm to hearts without natural beat
- Concert aims to recreate the magic of Beatles era
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 20-26
- Pine sings praises of classical music’s range
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 13-19