Thai inmates go 'Gangnam Style' before Psy concert
By The Associated Press
BANGKOK – A day before South Korean rap sensation Psy brings his "Gangnam Style" to Thailand, nearly 100 inmates have danced to the hit behind barbed wire and bars in a Bangkok prison.
Seventy out of 4,500 prisoners at Bangkok Remand Prison put on a show Tuesday for the media and corrections department executives after competing in a "Gangnam Style" dance contest last week.
Officials said the program was to relieve inmates' stress and help them keep fit.
Psy's "Gangnam Style" this month became the most watched video ever on YouTube. It has spawned hundreds of parodies and tribute videos, including a popular one earlier this year by members of the Thai navy.
Psy will perform in Thailand on Wednesday night — his first show in Asia outside of South Korea.
More Music News
- Band brings rhythm to hearts without natural beat
- Concert aims to recreate the magic of Beatles era
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 20-26
- Pine sings praises of classical music’s range
- Planit 10: Things to do Feb. 13-19