Thai inmates go 'Gangnam Style' before Psy concert
By The Associated Press
BANGKOK – A day before South Korean rap sensation Psy brings his "Gangnam Style" to Thailand, nearly 100 inmates have danced to the hit behind barbed wire and bars in a Bangkok prison.
Seventy out of 4,500 prisoners at Bangkok Remand Prison put on a show Tuesday for the media and corrections department executives after competing in a "Gangnam Style" dance contest last week.
Officials said the program was to relieve inmates' stress and help them keep fit.
Psy's "Gangnam Style" this month became the most watched video ever on YouTube. It has spawned hundreds of parodies and tribute videos, including a popular one earlier this year by members of the Thai navy.
Psy will perform in Thailand on Wednesday night — his first show in Asia outside of South Korea.
More Music News
- Jo Dee Messina, Garrison Keillor headline Raue Center's new season
- Jimmy Nick brings energy to the blues at McHenry fest
- Planit 10: 10 things to do July 24 through July 31
- Second venue adds grandeur to Woodstock Mozart Festival
- Woodstock Folk Festival schedule of events