2 freshman TV series canceled at ABC, 1 at CBS
By The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Three low-rated new TV series are getting the ax.
ABC is saying goodbye to freshman dramas "Last Resort" and "666 Park Avenue" after 13 episodes each.
"Last Resort" stars Andre Braugher and Scott Speedman as officers of a U.S. nuclear sub targeted by the government. It airs at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The other canceled ABC drama, "666 Park Avenue," is a supernatural tale set starring Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams. It airs at 9 p.m. Sunday.
ABC didn't announce Friday what will replace the two series after they finish their runs.
At CBS, the curtain is down on the sitcom "Partners." It's about two pals — one gay, one straight (Michael Urie, David Krumholtz). Starting Monday, it will be replaced for now with comedy reruns at 7:30 p.m.
More Television News
- SAG Awards win sends 'Birdman' Oscar hopes soaring
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor,' 'learns a lot' about reality TV
- Algonquin native goes home on 'The Bachelor'
- Another rose for Algonquin native Trina Scherenberg on 'The Bachelor'
- 'Boyhood' tops Globes; 'Grand Budapest' upsets 'Birdman' (With list of the winners)