APNewsBreak: Costello, more up for Songwriters
By The Associated Press
NEW YORK (AP) — Elvis Costello, B.B. King and Ray Davies are among the nominees for the 2013 Songwriters Hall of Fame.
They're joined by a slew of top acts, including Jimmy Buffett, Vince Gill, Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, and Christine McVie. Also nominated are Mick Jones and Lou Gramm of Foreigner, Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart, Jeff Lynne, Aeromsith's Steven Tyler and Joe Perry, as well as Steve Winwood and Bobby Womack.
Songwriters Hall gave The Associated Press a list of nominees in advance of the official announcement, set for Oct. 16.
Non-performing songwriters competing include Bobby Braddock, Linda Perry and Don Covay, among others.
Voting ends Dec. 17, and the gala takes place June 13 in New York City.
More Music News
- Chicago Symphony trumpeter to perform with McHenry County Youth Orchestra
- 'Pinching myself': Spring Grove native's music featured in film, on Las Vegas stage
- Band spotlight: 5Rounds Band
- Area concert guide for McHenry County
- Wasted Plains fest brings indie sounds of Chicago to Woodstock